B.A., Psychobiology 1980
· Detroit City Council Youth Advisory Commission, Voting Member
· City of Detroit Human Rights Commission, Certified Mediator
· Michigan Association of Children’s Alliances, Member
· CPR/First Aid, Certification
· Mechanical Restraints, De-escalation Techniques, Therapeutic Intervention, Certification
· National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependency, Board of Directors
Supervisor: State of Michigan Dept. of Social Services
Maxey Training School, Whitmore Lake, MI
Provided over thirteen years of experience in the treatment and rehabilitation of juvenile offenders in both medium and maximum security detention facilities. Responsible for the daily operational requirements of the facility, including staffing requirements, security management, compliance with applicable federal and state regulations and policies, development and implementation of interdisciplinary assessment conferences, individual and family counseling as well as daily group counseling. Provided support to a staff of over twenty-five employees, through the following management activities: development of training modules, “train the trainer” courses, mentoring and performance evaluation.
Shop Manager: Tepco Incorporated
500 North Mill Street, South Lyon, MI
Machine Shop duties and responsibilities included staff supervision (5-7 employees), training, monitoring and evaluation.
Cable Technician Manager: International Cable and Telephone
P.O. Box 21128, Lansing, MI.
Responsible for the assignment of and staff planning for all phases of cable installation, including both commercial and residential customers. Provided management to a staff of ten contractors in their execution of digital and modem networking installations. Provided training of and ensured compliance with applicable quality control, standards and safety regulations or policies. Operational responsibilities included inventory management and allocation of digital boxes, cable modems and materials needed for installation. Designed and implemented inventory and materials supply chain that resulted in a 25 percent reduction in overall materials costs. Provided direct sales and marketing support, as well as functional direction to my staff as it related to digital plans and promotional packages.
Patient Advocate Representative: Detroit Receiving Hospital
University Health Center, Detroit, MI
Managed public relations between the hospital and community, including the recommendation of policy changes regarding patient care. In addition, served as liaison between the emergency room staff and the patient’s family regarding diagnosis, treatment plan, admission, etc. Additional responsibilities included the development and implementation of staff orientation programs.
Admissions Coordinator: Little Company of Mary Hospital
4101 Torrance Blvd Torrance, CA
Reviewed patient diagnosis and procedures in conjunction with the admitting R.N. for the purpose of admission and to ensure regulatory compliance with federal and state laws. Other duties included insurance verification and database management of patient data.
· “Understanding People,” Michigan Juvenile Detention Association Conference, 1988.
· “Therapeutic Interventions for Youthful Sex Offenders, Crisis Intervention Techniques,” W.J. Maxey Boys Training School, 1989.
· “Treatment of J.V. Sex Offenders and their Families,” Starr Commonwealth Schools, 1989.
· “Competency Based Training for Mental Health Professionals,” David Grove Seminars, 1989.
· “Treatment of Juvenile Sexual Offenders,” State of Michigan, 1990.
· “”Child Abuse and Neglect,” Towsley Center, 1991.
· “Families First,” W.J. Maxey Boys Training School, 1992.
· “Working with Children of Color,” Starr Commonwealth, 1993.
· “Aggression Replacement Training,” 1994.
· “Working with Youth Gang Members in Residential Care Settings,” Pontius and Assoc., 1994.
· “Crisis Intervention,” W.J. Maxey Boys Training School, 2000.