8 Green street Apt 2L, Stamford,CT 06902 Home (203)274-7304 Cell92030252-0223
Highly talented Medical professional with 20 years experience in performing patient screening, technical supportive services, medical clerical duties and other duties as assigned. Proficient in collecting, handling and processing patients’ laboratory specimens, including phlebotomy and performing routine in-house laboratory tests. Strong ability to communicate effectively and clearly in both written and oral communications. Outstanding ability to interact effectively with staff and other employees in all levels of the organization as well as with patients.
Certified Medical Billing and Coding Specialist
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
MR. WALTER SMITH SR., CT Private CNA
CARDIOLOGY ASSOCIATES OFC, CT Medical Techn./Assist. to Nuclear Technician
CARDIOLOGY ASSOCIATES OFC, Greenwich, CT Nursing Assistant
THE STAMFORD HOSPITAL, CT Medical Assistant, Surgical Recovery Unit
ATRIA RETIREMENT HOME, CT Assisted Living Supervisor
Proficient in ICD, CPT and HCPCS Coding system, Proficient in Medical
Terminology, Insurance verification, precertification, Managed Care, HMO, PPO, Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel, MediSoft Billing Software, Trained and supervised staff, good communication and critical thinking skills, Clinical procedures such as: Intake, BP, EKG, Proteins, EKG’s Stress Testing, Assisting with Nuclear Stress Test, Medication Refills, Vitals, Holter Monitors, Event Recorders, Patient prep and monitoring, I.V. Prep, Crash Cart Inventories, Scheduling, Medical Data Entry, Blood Pressures, pharmacy, clerical scheduling
Private Duty Certified Nursing Assistant
· Provided direct patient/resident care in accordance with physician’s plan of care.
· Monitored and provided skilled nursing care in the home on an hourly basis; to assist in the transition of care from a more acute setting to home.
· Supported patient’s goals while providing and coordinating patient care and followed established policies and procedures.
· Interviewed patients, measure vital signs, such as pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, and height, and record information on patients’ charts.
· Prepared treatment rooms for examination of patients and cleaned and sterilized instruments.
· Took inventory and ordered medical supplies and materials.
· Operated electrocardiograph (EKG), and other equipment to administer routine diagnostic test or call medical facility or department to schedule patients for tests.
· Called in prescriptions pre/post op meds and made weekly calls to patients to follow-up on their health issues
· Primary contact with patients’ primary physician to notify of surgery procedures.
· Downloaded information from computerized heart monitors intra-office.
· Assisted Nuclear technician with patient prep.
· Monitored crash cart inventory.
· Keyed data into computer to maintain office and patient records.
· Prioritized patient daily care according to acuity and scheduled patient procedures
· Assisted patients, take vital signs, prep for procedures, draw blood, and obtain specimens
· Maintained and set up patient rooms
· Performed preventive maintenance on emergency equipment
· Assist with patient and family education and also assist R.N. with sterile and non-sterile dressing changes
· Performed EKGs
· Utilize PC to enter and retrieve patient data
· Answer multi-line phone, operate fax and copy machine
· Greeted patients
· Updated patient charts and perform chart audits
· Answered and directed in-coming calls and follow-up appropriately
· Followed all HIPPA policies and procedures