Senior Manager with broad based experience including operations, inventory control, customer/employee relations, and budget administration that implemented ordering methods that reduced freight costs $250K.
Self motivated manager and analytical thinker with a proven track record of bottom-line improvements.
· Directed parts department with $3.7 million annual sales and $700K inventory
· Lowered freight expenses from $70K to $20K in 1 year while increasing revenues
· Reduced operation expenses $300K through astute cost management.
Inventory control specialist adept at implementing procedures to maximize operational efficiency.
· 15% improvement in stock-to-emergency ratio, (10% over national average), while increasing stock fill rate to 96%.
· 18% total inventory reduction utilizing vendor return programs in immediate $65K savings.
· Maintained 78% total stock fill rate and earned client endorsement to company president.
Team leader whose perseverance and dedication to customer service create long-term relationships.
· Increased revenue from $2.4 million to $3.7 million by building motivated team.
· Grew profit margin through comprehensive staff training related to pricing and inventory control.
· Initiated customer service standards that directly contributed to $210K profit increase.
Parts Manager, C&B Lift Company
B.S. Business Administration, Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville IL 1983
Certificate of Completion, Total Quality Management School, Tulsa OK 1986
Yale Materials Handling Gammon Inc., St. Louis Mo
July 2003 – present
· Setup and monitor consignment parts inventory for 165 units at Anheuser Busch.
· Parts purchasing for Chrysler production plant.
· Assisting sales department in providing parts solutions to customers.
· Set up parts consignments at customer locations.
· Increased parts department net profits by 190% from 2004 to 2006.
· Implementing programs to earn a profit during the tough economic times in 2009.
Shipping Utilities Inc., St. Louis MO
· Over $7 million gross profit and $1 million operating profit achieved within department.
· Built 84/16 stock to emergency order ratio with 74/26 being industry average.
· Reduced inventory loss from $20K to $1K by establishing stringent controls.
· Decreased expenses by negotiating discounts from freight companies and reducing software fees.
· Utilized online programs to reduce obsolete inventory by $65K.
· My department produced the highest gross profit per employee in the company.
Roadway Express, Inc. 1984-1992
Supervisor, Springfield MO 1989-1992
Supervisor/Manager, Enid OK 1984-1989
· Maintained 95% on time delivery schedules.
· Increased trailer spotters’ efficiency by arranging moves in an organized manner.
· Sole responsibility for entire Enid OK terminal for 2 years achieving operating profit of $100K annually.
· Achieved 2nd highest operating ratio among 21 facilities in 5-state district.
· Held profit margin at 10%, well above industry average of 6%.