To secure a position in the IT Field utilizing my years of experience in the industry
SUMMERY OF QUALIFICATIONS
· Over 15 years working in the Information Technology field.
· Over 10 years experience in Management and Supervision.
· Strong focus and emphasis on Customer Service and Support.
· Well versed in numerous platforms including HP/COMPAQ, DELL and IBM Hardware and Network Security and Monitoring concepts.
2007 to Touro University – CA, CA. IT Department
Present Network Operations Manager
· Supervise day to day operations for University covering network infrastructure and Server hardware/software. Acted in department director’s absence as head of the department.
· Overseen Windows NT to Active Directory migration and a Mirapoint to MS Exchange 2007 migration for 260 staff and faculty.
· Monitor Network Switches, Routers, Wireless Access Points, Servers, Anti-virus and backups on a daily basis and resolved issues with them as they arouse.
· Develop and maintain procedural documentation that was not up to date upon my arrival regarding department operations. Subjects ranged from network account creation and removal to workstation deployment to issue resolution as needed.
· Act as security liaison with home office regarding network and personal security including HIPPA and privacy issues.
1998 to Wells Fargo Bank, Roseville, CA. Enterprise Hosting Services Division
2007 Sr. PC/LAN Administrator, Team Lead
· Supervised a team of System Administrators at a Data Center with over 2000 systems providing hardware and operating system operational support.
· Served as Interim Manager for Department for 6 months during a top to bottom re-organization of department in 2003. Covered 12 employee’s in 4 locations.
· Ran several projects including a monitoring system build up from scratch using NetIQ’s Appmanager and a large Netware to Windows NT migration then a Windows NT to Windows 2000 Migration for the same systems.
· Supervised in the field a 2000+ system workstation deployment.
· Received 17 accommodations for customer service during my tenure at Wells Fargo through a dedicated recognition program where the customers can nominate the service personnel for exceptional service.
1996 to Advanced Integrated Systems, Walnut Creek, CA.
1998 Desktop Support Technician
· Worked at several AIS clients on different projects from Desktop deployments to System Administration.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
Diablo Valley College, Pleasant Hill, CA.
Studied Business/Retail and Management from 1987 to 1991
Systems and Network Security Institute (SANS)
Completed courseware and thesis on General Network Security (GSEC) in 2003
MCSE+i, MCSA, MCP (several)
A+, Network +, Server +. Also a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for CompTIA on the Server + curriculum.
Certified Netware Engineer (CNE) Netware 3.12
Certified AIX 5.1 user
General Security Essentials Certification (GSEC) Expired
Eagle Scout, Boy Scouts of America
Scoutmaster Troop 77, CA. Boy Scouts of America
Finance Chairman, Silver Gate District. Boy Scouts of America
Former Lodge Trustee, Lodge # 559 Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks. CA.
References available upon request.