University of Kentucky (2005-2009) Lexington, Kentucky
Bachelor of Arts from College of Arts & Sciences – GPA 3.58
· Double B.A.: Anthropology, History
· Minor: Marketing
I Guess I’m Floating, LLC (2005-Present) Digital
· Responsible for creation and development of this top-tier independent music website. Designed, promoted, and published the site, which resulted in the Weblog award for 2006 Best Music Blog within a year of website debut; rated #4 music blog in 2008.
· Published articles and created innovative features that have generated and retained 5,000+ readers, with an additional 7,000+ page views per day.
· Established and nurtured multiple relationships with various record labels, radio stations, and artists/bands; leading to the development of contests, exclusive media content from artists/bands, and IGIF-branded events.
· Managed the promotion and finance of advertising revenue generated from marketing accounts geared towards those companies/business seeking direct connection to our unique demographic.
· Curated, produced, and marketed IGIF/2Syllable Records SXSW ’09 party in Austin, TX with over 500+ fans in attendance. Successfully secured popular venue, talent and corporate sponsors.
MTV Networks: mtvU (2008-Present) New York, New York
· Recruited by MTV Networks in an effort to enhance mtvU’s online experience by editing new interface known as “The Music Blog”.
· Posted reviews and features showcasing independent music to specific demographics otherwise unfamiliar with the genre.
· Provided concert coverage and onsite photography for various events/festivals spanning across the country.
Dare 2 Dream: A Benefit Concert (2008) Illinois
· Collaborated with Platform One Entertainment to sponsor and cross-market a benefit concert/silent auction featuring Kings Of Leon and benefiting pediatric cancer care and research at University of Chicago’s Comer Children’s Hospital.
Filter Magazine (2008) Los Angeles, California
Freelance Concert Reviewer
· Provided Filter Magazine with concert coverage and photography of artists relevant to Filter’s reader demographic. Contributed content from outside the realm of Los Angeles, expanding the scope of their national coverage.
Reinhardt & Associates, PLC (2007-2009) Lexington, Kentucky
Administrative Assistant/Legal Courier
· Served as assistant to senior partner Craig Reinhardt and his five associates; responsible for maintaining a legal office operating at a high level of efficiency.
· Dutifully operated telephone lines, managed attorney calendars and contacts, arranged legal documents and conference calls/meetings, researched and delivered legal documents to clients.
· Expert using both Mac OS X and Windows XP/Vista operating systems
· Expert using Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, Final Cut, Pro Tools, and Podcasts.
· Expert with online interactive platforms, social networking, and media writing abilities
· Distinguished in web design, HTML/CSS code, video encoding, web publishing, online formatting, FTP media storage, and advanced web editing.
· Exceptional abilities copywriting, speechwriting, and authoring press releases.
· Advanced online research and administrative abilities
· Conversational proficiency in German
· Independently motivated, team oriented
· Expert Beatles Rockband drummer
· References & examples of relevant works available upon request