• Texas • 75035
A highly skilled and talented Sheet Metal / HVAC Technician with extensive experience in fabricating, assembling, installing, and repairing sheet metal products and equipment, such as ducts, control boxes, drainpipes, and furnace casings; setting up and operating fabricating machines to cut, bend, and straighten sheet metal; shaping metal over anvils, blocks, or forms using hammer operating soldering and welding equipment to join sheet metal parts; inspecting, assembling, and smoothing seams and joints of burred surfaces.
Summary of Qualifications
· More than ten years experience.
· Deep knowledge of sheet metal and welding techniques.
· Remarkable knowledge of fabrication, installation and repair of sheet metal and related product or equipment.
· Exceptional skills in operating various equipment commonly used in the trade.
· Ability to effectively communicate with employees and other business contacts in a courteous and professional manner and exercise a strong sense of priority and time management.
· Thorough knowledge of the standard practices, methods, tools, and materials for the sheet metal and duct work.
· In-depth knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions.
· Expertise in welding, TIG and MIG, tac welds or weld components and assemblies, using electric, gas, arc, or other welding equipment.
· Welds components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
· Cuts work piece, using powered saws, hand shears, or chipping knife.
· Melts lead bar, wire, or scrap to add lead to joint or to extrude melted scrap into reusable form.
Removes rough spots from work piece, using portable grinder, hand file, or scraper.
· Creative, flexible, self-motivated, and quality oriented.
· Thorough knowledge of, and ability to, perform air balancing.
· 3m Fire Protection Products certified
· 3m- trained in product application and proper installation procedures for the following fire stopping systems: Penetration seal, wood frame construction
· Hilti Qualified operator
· Lacks 2 Credit hours from achieving Refrigeration and Air Conditioning mechanics technical degree.
Multi Mechanical, Inc.
1210 N. Barsten way Anaheim, CA 92806 6/06-present
Commercial – Installing duct: rectangular, stainless steel and grease duct. S and drive, standing S, nut and bolt. Welding: Stainless steel, iron, metal. Installing Fire dampers, louvers, exhaust fans, supply fans.
· Drill and punch holes in metal, for screws, bolts, and rivets.
· Fasten seams and joints together with welds, bolts, cement, rivets, solder, caulks, metal drive clips, and bonds in order to assemble components into products or to repair sheet metal items.
· Finish parts, using hacksaws, and hand, rotary, or squaring shears.
· Inspect individual parts, assemblies, and installations for conformance to specifications and building codes, using measuring instruments such as calipers, scales, and micrometers.
Key Air Conditioning Company
10905 Laurel Ave. Santa fe springs, CA 90670 11/03-6/06
Residential – Installations: flex duct, line sets, dryer vents and exhaust, setting units, split units, thermostat wire, fans, corridor dampers, flues.
· Install assemblies, such as flashing, pipes, tubes, heating and air conditioning ducts, furnace casings, rain gutters, and down spouts, in supportive frameworks.
· Lay out, measure, and mark dimensions and reference lines on material, such as roofing panels, according to drawings or templates, using calculators, scribes, dividers, squares, and rulers.
· Select gauges and types of sheet metal or non-metallic material, according to product specifications.
Action Duct Cleaning Company
1471 Hepner Ave Los Angeles, ca 90041 3/02-11/03
Cleaning duct exhaust shaft and supply, cleaning dampers units
· Provide quality air duct cleaning and related services to customers.
· Clean Air Handling Unit including the blower motor, coils, and outside of the unit.
· Design and submit estimates to gain new profitable accounts. Estimate information to include expected time of completion, price, furnace type, number of registers/return, contact person, time of job, and any special needs.
· Remove all registers and returns, seal in preparation of the duct cleaning.
· Vacuum and clean all register boots.
Superior Duct Fabrication
913 S. Maple Ave., ca 90640 8/99-1/02
Cutting sheet metal, welding stainless steel, fabricating, chair, bread racks, tables, benches, painting (5 gallon drum) Determine project requirements, including scope, assembly sequences, and required methods and materials, according to blueprints, drawings, and written or verbal instructions.
· Fabricate or alter parts at construction sites, using shears, hammers, punches, and drills.
· Maintain equipment, making repairs and modifications when necessary.
· Maneuver completed units into position for installation, and anchor the units.
· Transport prefabricated parts to construction sites for assembly and installation.
· Determined project requirements, including scope, assembly sequences, and required methods and materials, according to blueprints, drawings, and written or verbal instructions.