Six Sigma Leader, driven, analytical and results-oriented with 15 years of experience improving the company’s business operations, increasing sales activity along with developing procedures to reduce and control operational costs. Proven leadership skill developing a team effort resulting in the highest level of customer and supplier satisfaction rating. Skilled in exceptional hands-on employee leadership and supplier relationship management. Dedicated to two-way communication among internal and external audiences in order to effectively neutralize and resolve issues. Reputable for proven ability to inspire team members towards accomplishment that surpasses corporate expectations. Areas of expertise include:
Six Sigma • Operational Leadership Ÿ Issue Analysis/Resolution Ÿ Project Management Ÿ Program Design
Team Coaching/ Motivation • Account/Client Service • Process Evaluation • Human Resource Management
Business Plan Development • Budget Management • Inventory Control/Management • Policy Compliance
Program Development • Production Management • Logistics • Market Analysis • Employee Engagement
Branch Service Manager who built and lead teams, drove sales and delivered superior customer service. Recruited, interview and hired the branch sales, service, and office staff. Responsible for a multi-million dollar operation.
MANAGEMENT CONSULTANT 2007-2008
Responsible for developing, recommending and implementing business improvements for the owners, presidents and senior managers of small and medium size businesses. Utilized technical know-how and administrative skills to teach and train the client employees on new procedures and policies.
FARMER’S INSURANCE, Calabasas, California • 1997-1999
Billion-dollar personal line insurance company based in Los Angeles, California and operating in 41 states.
Assistant District Manager
Recruited, trained and hired new insurance agents on job procedures while creating marketing programs and designing annual business plan and preparing quarterly corporate reports.
· Guided agents as needed and consistently delivered quality coaching and resources to aid in the deliverance of optimal client service.
· Revolutionized the hiring process and recruited 15 new district agents by recommending the use of the internet for pool of potential new hires.
MERVYN’S, Oxnard, California, • 1995-1997
California based department store with over 177 locations throughout 8 states. Annual sales totaled $2.6B.
Spearheaded operations for $18M location while crafting short and long term store objectives to motivate staff members and streamline business development. Recruited and hired talented team members who could be trained and groomed for promotion.
· Amplified sales by 8% over prior years by significantly increasing merchandising, customer service, and inventory store standards.
· Evaluated merchandising process for consistency with corporate standards and directed operational processes within the store.
· Created store environment dedicated to providing superior customer service and positive working conditions for all associates.
· Restructured warehouse operations and improved stocking and inventory control processes.
· Professionally handled customer complaints and resolved issues in a swift and courteous manner.
VON’S GROCERY COMPANY, Ventura County, California • 1985-1995
Member of the Safeway Corporation with 1738 stores throughout the country and approximately $52B in annual revenue.
Led operations for retail grocery and directed initiatives relating to store performance, inventory, security and customer service. Responsible for staff members while conducting thorough analysis of operations and forecasting weekly sales objectives. Created and deployed product placement strategies and administered all human resource functions including the identification and development of high potential employees for management training. Built lasting relationships with all employees and vendors including supervisors, direct reports, and suppliers. Conducted in-depth analysis of monthly departmental budgets and created new scheduling system for the entire district that greatly improved customer service and slashed payroll. Consistently achieved the top payroll position in the district on a consistent basis.
Financial and Operational Highlights
· Lowered workers compensation expenses by 23% by instituting a district wide risk management program.
· Produced $2M in profits and consequently achieved the Diamond Circle Award.
· Generated $1M in profits and consequently received the Golden Circle Award.
· Elevated sales by 5% by advancing in-stock conditions through department objectivity.
· Generated a 43% inventory shrinkage rate as opposed to a 1.25% district average. Ranked #1 in the district for inventory shrink management and control.
Six Sigma Training
Correspondence Classes for Management and Leadership
Cornell University, Ithaca, New York
Departmental Operations and Asset Protection, Cerritos College, Norwalk, California
One Minute Manager Seminar and Conflict Management Training, Dr. Kenneth Blanchard
Leadership and Team Building Training, Rick Cully
Leadership Development Training, Senn Delaney
QUINN CATERPILLAR, Oxnard, California • 1999-2007
Construction equipment sales company servicing Los Angeles county area. Annual sales totaled $240M.
Controlled financial activity, customer service satisfaction levels, and provided leadership for entire service department. Supervised 25 staff members leading them to maintain problem-free workplace. Addressed client emails, and performed human resource functions including interviewing of potential employees, hiring, training, and performance reviews.
Named Service Manager of the year 5 out of 8 times by generating highest sales and profits over budget. Organized and planned work schedules, and service activities among technicians while monitoring work product and results. Motivated direct reports while maintaining two-way communication for effective relationships. Collaborated with sales force to evaluate market penetration and success factors for addressing client requests.
· Achieved top warranty scores and designed a warranty and service report training class for Oxnard Power systems employees.
· Accelerated work flow time by 3 hours by instituting wireless network at current service location.
· Attracted 14 talented employees by creating a 2-week Caterpillar certified marine analysis class.
· Served as Quinn representative at the Repair Process Integration meeting in Peoria and recruited 4 Caterpillar representatives to evaluate company processes and execute necessary solutions.
· Delivered presentation on GPS system at the Caterpillar Western Dealer conference in Colorado and served as corporate representative for 3 consecutive years at the Power Systems Western Dealer Conference.
· Contributed to $185K in annual savings as member of 5-person Six-Sigma team who collaborated on the warranty project.
· Implemented reductions in staff overtime while increasing secretarial support to meet production resolution with a cost saving of over $21,000 annually.
· Amplified sales by 15% in 2007 over prior year, and by 8% over annual budget.
· Generated over $728,000 annually by implementing GPS in 7 corporate locations after conducting thorough research on various vendors and delivering a compelling presentation to senior management team.
JOHN SPOHN Ÿ Page 2 Ÿ