Career Goal: CFO/Finance Director/Business Analyst
Dedicated chartered certified accountant (FCCA) with 20+ years’ experience including developing and implementing financial systems, strategies, processes and controls improving P&L/I&E scenarios. Expert in establishing accounting functions, systems and best practice; cost-reduction, automation; and lasting business relationships to ensure goal-surpassing fiscal performance.
Computer skills include: Great Plains/Dynamics, SAGE MMS, Sun Accounts, OpenAccounts, Timberline, QuickBooks, Excel, Lotus 1-2-3 and general MS Office applications.
BUFFET GROUP USA
Finance Director (Executive role), 04/2011 to 01/2013
Areas of responsibilities: Finance, IT, Supply Chain and Human Resources/Payroll. Finance: Responsible for all areas of accounting and finance in a corporate setting and reporting directly to the parent company in France, line- management of 3 finance staff, liaison with external auditors and banks, risk management, treasury management, regulatory returns, policies and procedures, fixed asset management and control. IT: Decision maker on all areas of IT, line management of 1 IT manager, review and implementation of procedures, back up procedures, disaster recovery setup, maintenance of current systems in place and making sure systems are reviewed for optimization of IT resources. HR : All HR related issues, hiring and firing, managing outsourced payroll, administrator of the 401K and the medical benefit plan and first point of contact for all employment related issues. Warehouse/Supply chain: Direct line management of Warehouse Manager and indirect line management of 3 warehouse staff, lead and direct the work of the warehouse staff, oversee the monthly ordering process, safeguarding the inventory through robust procedures, oversee the shipping of goods, and negotiate delivery services.
Achievements: During my time at Buffet Group USA I was successful in identifying and correcting various inefficiencies and inaccuracies.
· Reduced inventory by $1m (33%) over a two year period releasing cash tied up in inventory,
· Reduced the outstanding debtor balance by $0.7m to the lowest level for over two years, again releasing tied up cash,
· Successfully negotiated a $2m line of credit with the bank on very favorable terms,
· Developed a strong team with excellent cross departmental communication,
· Streamlined the year end process and negotiated savings on the annual audit fees and tax advisor fees.
Group Financial Controller (Executive role), 4/2008 to 8/2010
Directed and managed a team of 18 accounting staff with direct responsibilities of all aspects of accounting including financial and management reporting, presentations to the Board/Shareholders/ Executive team/Other stakeholders, group accounts and consolidations, financial analysis, performance analysis, benchmarking, financial audits, G/L, A/R, A/P and fixed-asset accounting in accordance with UKGAAP standards.
Developed and managed external financial relationships (e.g., banks, insurers, auditors, consultants) and persistently looked for ways to strengthen overall financial performance. Managed working capital requirements and investments and monitored compliance with loan covenants.
· Built a finely tuned accounting department, fostering a collaborative environment that improved productivity, individual accountability and team morale.
· Revamped G/L, financial systems, reports and schedules to improve forecast accuracy and standardize reporting procedures.
· Played a key role in the due diligence work in connection with the acquisition of two Holiday Parks, this was crucial to successful integration into the parent company.
· Introduced strict policies and procedures to the A/R function resulting in reduced debtor days and a 25% reduction in bad debt write offs.
· Uncovered approximately $100K in duplicate payments and designed new procedures eliminating loop holes in the A/P process.
· Delivered a 10% SG&A reduction through analytical studies of business performance.
Directed and managed a team of 30 accounting and IS support staff with direct responsibilities for all aspects of accounting including financial and management reporting, group accounts and consolidations, coordinated the budget process, performance analysis, benchmarking, G/L, A/P, A/R and fixed-asset accounting in accordance with UKGAAP standards. Developed, managed and maintained external financial relationships (e.g. banks, auditors, consultants).
· Introduced business process improvements that enhanced the A/R function through firm policies and procedures to maximize revenue collection efforts, which reduced debtor days from 90 days+ to less than 50 and improved the bad debt write offs by 25%.
· Introduced business process improvements that improved the A/P function, established improved filing system, eliminated duplications, and reduced monthly processing time by 15%.
· Managed an acquisition (Touchstone HA) from the due diligence work through to full implementation into the parent company.
· Acting FD on above acquisition for a three month period prior to integration.
Financial Operations Manager, 06/2002 to 06/2005
Directed and managed a team of 12 accounting staff with direct responsibilities for all aspects of accounting including financial and management reporting, coordination of the budget process, performance analysis, benchmarking, G/L, A/P, A/R and fixed-asset accounting in accordance with UKGAAP standards. Developed and managed external financial relationships (e.g. banks, auditors, consultants) and all account reconciliations.
· Built a strong and confident accounting team, which flourished through a genuine team spirit and a willingness to assist and support each other.
· Established a fixed asset register for the association’s 5000+ properties through identification of deeds and site visits to establish rightful ownership. Through this exercise a small number of properties were identified as bein g empty and not listed in our records. These properties were brought back to lettable state and started to generate revenue again.