Austin, Texas 78759
With over 20 years of experience in various management, and 12 years human resource positions, I am a highly skilled professional with a cross-functional background in human resources, daily operational strategies, business administration, and event planning. I work well as an individual or within a team-oriented environment. The ideal position will enable me to use my strong organizational and management skills, qualified employment experience, as well as my ability to recognize the economic, educational, and cultural diversity of the community. My experience, personable disposition, and transferable skills will be an invaluable asset to your organization.
Highly motivated self-starter
Flexible, assertive, and adaptable
Can manage multiple priorities with ease
Takes the initiative and working independently
Exceptional Customer Service, both internal & external
Effective and exceptional written, and communications skills
Motivating employees to perform to their maximum potential
Adept at communicating effectively with public, vendors, staff
Skilled in applying logical but creative approaches to conflict resolution
Dedicated hard-working management professional with a strong work ethic
Training Management/Supervision Office Management
Critical Thinking Budget Control & Cost Analysis Employee Relations
Conflict Resolution Candidate Recruiting Logistical Planning
– Responsible for training all department personnel
– Managed 8 million dollar operating budget on annual basis.
– Managed and Liaised daily between staff, investors, and shareholders.
– Managed outsourced call center that was responsible for all telephone ticket sales.
– Ensured directives, rules and procedures were communicated to all operation’s staff.
– Proven track record of accurately completing assignments within demanding time frames.
– Developed, implemented, and managed policies and procedures for new established Customer Service Program.
– Broad range of direct interaction with clients from resolving escalation issues to friendly customer service.
– Supervised 50 subordinate personnel.
– Provided directives to administrative staff.
– Maintained service records for all personnel.
– Coordinated logistical moves of personnel from base to base, base to ship, and ship to ship.
– Supervised processing of personnel exiting command and military i.e., discharges and retirements.
– Adept at developing and maintaining administrative processes that reduce redundancy, and improve accuracy, efficiency and achieve organizational objectives.
Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, particularly in the areas of presentation, management, reporting, people development, and team building. Resourceful and creative; skilled in planning and execution of projects for optimum results. Recognized as a focused, practical thinker who is willing to devote the time and energy as well as take reasonable risks, to accomplish outstanding results. Adapts to new situations and requirements easily, and able to develop a productive rapport with diverse populations.
– Conducted command wide training sessions, including sexual harassment prevention, compliance and EEO.
– Conducted weekly/monthly webinar and onsite training for all staff personnel.
– Mentored and trained new HR personnel.
– Coordinated orientations new employees; and exit interviews for part-time and temporary employees.
– Adept at building and fostering strong relationship/rapport and credibility with management, employees and customers alike.
– Provided optimum customer service to military personnel ranging from 600 to 6000.
– Collaborated with the client hiring managers to determine departmental needs.
– Reviewed and audit I-9 Forms for accuracy and completeness to comply with the INS.
– Identified, analyzed, and recommended solutions for complex HR personnel issues.
– Well versed in promoting company wide diversity and the success it can bring to improve bottom line.
– Proficient in conducting working place investigations, and resolutions to combative situations.
– Interviewed and prepped qualified candidates to assess marketability.
– Approved FMLA/ADA leave when necessary.
– Wrote job descriptions/orders in conjunction with company needs and vacancies.
– Recruited, interviewed and screened candidates for employers and hiring managers.
– Worked with department managers on various personnel-related projects.
– Assisted Company HR Director in choosing 401k, Medical/Dental Benefits.
– Initiated and monitored annual performance reviews for all staff within company/command.
– Co-implemented, evaluated and helped deploy new major human resources programs.
Dynamic Human Resources Professional with a proven track record of top performance in personnel management, training, compliance, recruiting, screening, and placing of qualified candidates. Committed to exceeding performance expectation. Excellent communication and problem resolution skills, and energetic motivator. Spearheaded use of Internet recruiting methods, significantly reducing print advertising costs and increasing candidate pool.
Catalyst for change, transformation, and performance improvement. Organized, enthusiastic management professional; willing to hear new ideas and go the extra mile to improve performance. Able to work under pressure in fast-paced, time-sensitive environments. Experienced in analyzing and streamlining processes and operations to increase productivity, quality, and efficiency.
– Budget and cost analysis for all events.
– Negotiated and secured venues for each event.
– Responsible for all logistics and operations for events.
– Successfully planned and executed company picnic, departmental, and holiday parties.
– Managed 100K (+/-) budgets for annual graduation ceremony and all budgets for all other campus events.
– Managed food and beverage for all command ceremonies and events, i.e., change of commands, retirement ceremonies, command picnics and holiday parties.
Creative professional with expertise in all aspects of successful event planning, development, and management. Excel in managing multiple projects concurrently with the utmost attention to detail, problem solving and follow-through capabilities. Ability to manage, motivate and build cohesive teams that achieve results. Sourced vendor negotiated contracts and managed budgets. Superb written communications, interpersonal and organized skills. First class client relation team building skills throughout the event planning cycle.
Ashby Staffing Sales Operations Admin Mar 2009 – Jun 2009
Community TechKnowledge Account Manager Oct 2008 – Feb 2009
The Dream Factory Personal Assistant Jan 2008 – Sep 2008
Volt Workforce Solutions Recruiter Jun 2007 – Dec 2007
Tenet Healthcare Corp Project Coordinator Jun 2006 – Jan 2007
University of Phoenix Jun 1998 – Jun 2006
Ops Supv/Learning Center Manager
Admin Asst/Project Coordinator
Sorrento Networks Personal Asst/Project Manager Jan 2001 – May 2004
SeatAdvisor Ops/Customer Service Manager Jun 2000 – Dec 2000
United States Navy Ship Secretary/ Jun 1987 – Jul 1998