Tami J. Askren, RN, BSN
Seeking per diem nursing position in emergency settings
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN), The Ohio State University, 1986.
Staff Nurse, ER, Rogue Valley Medical Center, Medford, OR, Mar 2007-present.
Staff Nurse, ER, Marian Medical Center, Santa Maria, CA, May 2003-Mar 2007.
Continued with Marian after last travel assignment. Relief charge nurse.
Travel and Temporary Nursing Positions
- Marian Medical Center, Santa Maria, CA, RNNetwork, Inc., June 2002-April 2003. Emergency Room. 23 beds.
- Eisenhower Medical Center, Rancho Mirage, CA, RNNetwork, Inc, Nov 2001-present. Emergency Department. 20 beds, primarily cardio-pulmonary, med-surg, and geriatric emergencies.
- San Joaquin General Hospital, Stockton, CA, RNNetwork, Inc, July 2001-Oct 2001. Emergency Department. 20 beds, regional head injury facility, trauma, med/surg, populations include inmate/law enforcement and Hispanic community.
- Scripps Mercy Hospital, San Diego, CA, Sept 2000-Jan 2001 24-bed trauma emergency and urgent care. Regional urban trauma center. Population include homeless, HIV, psychiatric and trauma clients.
- Scripps El Cajon, El Cajon, CA, Cross Country Staffing, February 2000-May 2000. 12 bed emergency department. Large Hispanic community. Primarily med-surg emergencies.
Staff Nurse, ER/ICU/PACU, Trihealth, Inc. Cincinnati, Ohio, 1991-2001. Position as staff nurse in the Emergency Department. Experience includes cardiac/respiratory,gynecology, med-surg, pediatric, trauma, and psychiatric nursing. Worked 18 months in Post Anesthesia Care until department downsizing. Prior to that, worked as Critical Care Float Staff for 5 years, working in Intensive care, Coronary Care, and Emergency Department. Extensive experience with cardiac monitoring, mechanical ventilation, hemodynamic monitoring, intracranial pressure monitoring, intravenous therapy. Performed relief charge on evening shift.
Procurement Technician, Cincinnati Eye Bank, Cincinnati, Ohio, Apr 1990-Oct 1990 and Apr 1991-Sept 1991. Responsible for in-hospital chart review of potential organ and tissue donors, procurement (enucleation) of donor eye and corneal tissue for transplantation and research, analysis of corneal tissue for transplantation suitability. Worked "on-call" for hospitals within a 50 mile radius.
Staff Nurse, ICU, Mercy Hospitals Mariemont/Anderson,Cincinnati, OH, 1986-1990 Responsible for care of acute and critical adult patients in the intensive care setting. Primary patients included cardiac and surgical patients.
Registered Nurse, State of Ohio (currently inactive)
Registered Nurse, State of California
Registered Nurse, State of Oregon
Other Skills and Certifications
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification
- Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course (November 17, 2006)
- Basic Life Support current
- Trauma Nurse Core Curriculum (TNCC)
- Conversational Spanish I, II, Cal Poly University, San Luis Obispo, CA, 2006.