TED E. LEWIS
12602 Shoal Creek Terrace
Beltsville, MD 20705
301-937-1478 (H); 240-381-6707 (M)
· Senior manager with 20+ years of successfully managing client relationships in support of business development goals and objectives;
· Entrepreneurial approach to account management reinforces understanding of managing client perceptions and solutions delivery toward building and maintaining long-term business relationships;
· Experienced in managing commercial, federal and non-profit account relationships;
· Management experience includes effective coaching and communication skills to bridge the gap between operations support and client expectations which produced win-win collaborative efforts;
· Prior fiscal management experience of $35Million budget to support activities of 260 employees.
Business Development – Client Relationship Management – Operations (Customer-Service, Call Center, Healthcare Distribution & Fulfillment, Facilities Management, Transportation) – – Finance & Budget Oversight – Program Management – Information Technology
Business Development, Consulting and Client Relationship Management:
President of Allegiance Consulting, Incorporated –
o Bringing value to clients is both rewarding and challenging. Value Proposition: assisting small businesses in the development of strategic plans that focus on five key levels: (1) Position within their perceived market (2) Identification of core competencies and alignment of products and services (3) Understanding existing client needs and future growth opportunities (4) Alignment of Pricing, Delivery and Follow-up to achieve client satisfaction. (5) Development of tactical plans to achieve successful execution.
VP for Business Development, Eventcentric, Incorporated –
o Adept at generating business development plans from “zero” client base. Developed channel partner line in order to expand market reach and traveled extensively to build business brand, resulting in $2M annual sales within 24 month period on product price point of $10K. Achieved “trusted-vendor” and “go-to” vendor status by generating follow-up mechanisms to maintain well-balanced level of client engagements.
Vice President, Operations, UNCF –
o Instrumental in establishing relationships with Microsoft, IBM, H-P, Sybase, and AT&T that resulted in the in-kind gift donation of over $10 Million to set-up the following firsts:
(1) UNCF’s initial web site and email connection to allow for national and international connectivity and visibility;
(2) Intranet connection of 25 area offices to HQ that allowed for same-day transmission of donations for immediate deposit to financial institutions;
(3) Build-out of first data center to support world-class operations;
(4) Establishment of IT support network to assist IT departments at 39 member institutions.
VP, Operations, NWF –
o Budget: $35 Million/ 260 employees – Managed operational activities that included fulfillment, distribution, order processing, member services, facilities and print shop. The division achieved seven straight years meeting all fiscal and operational targets, as a direct result of creating a work environment and culture that rewarded performance and encouraged feedback from all organizational levels to improve efficiencies;
o Orchestrated 800# inbound telemarketing operations that contributed to increased catalog sales from $700,000 in 1988 to over $37 Million in 1994.
VP, Operations, UNCF –
o Budget: $20 Million / 25 employees – Worked diligently to improve overall operational activities within the organization (see results in Business Development segment). Elevated the IT department’s image with user community through increased communications. This action resulted in discussions of key projects, requirements and expected outcomes. These meetings kept projects on track and eased tensions during complex development and/or implementation issues.
o As executive level liaison between institution presidents and organization relative to review of sensitive accreditation issues, led the consulting team on discussion of governing body findings, discussion of implementation criteria and projected outcomes, which required tact and diplomacy to calm institutional concerns while also leading coordination of implementation plans. At end of each consultation, reported to UNCF Board’s Accreditation Committee on actions and outcomes.
President – Allegiance Consulting, Inc, MD – 2008 – Present
Business Development Manager – Jefferson Wells, Vienna, VA, 2007 – 2008
Vice President for Business Development – Eventcentric, Incorporated (Merged with DIT, Inc.)
Arlington, VA, 2000 – 2007
Senior Account Executive – Federal Data Corporation (Acquired by Northrop Grumman)
Bethesda, MD, 1999 – 2000
Vice President, Operations – United Negro College Fund (UNCF)
Fairfax, VA, 1995 – 1999
Vice President, Operations – National Wildlife Federation (NWF)
Vienna, VA, 1987 – 1995
LINE MANAGEMENT POSITIONS:
1975 – 1987 Banking Operations, Marketing, Healthcare Operations Management
Business Advisory and Social Activities:
· Current Business Advisor to:
o Metropolitan Education Consulting Group, LLC
o Washington Technology Group, Incorporated
o Distributed Information Technology, Incorporated
o ClearPoint Calibration Systems, LLC
· Past Advisory Board Member for The Chesapeake Center (child and adult speech therapy center)
· Past Board Member Alexandria Boys and Girls Club
· Committee Member Cross Creek HOA
· Musician and Golf Enthusiast
Education & Training:
· B.S. Business Administration, 1975, George Mason University, Fairfax, VA
· IBM IT Managers Training Program
· Sandler Sales Training Institute
· digitalNow – Association Technology Thought Leadership
Positions & Employers:
Senior Management Portfolio: