471 North Park Springs Court, Oak Park, CA 91377 H: 818-735-0464 C: 408-466-4621 firstname.lastname@example.org www.toddhanle.com
Creative, entrepreneurial and energetic Marketing, Brand and Creative executive with 25+ years experience in global B2B, B2C and Corporate campaigns. An innovative and visionary leader of award-winning teams, focused on integrated strategies, guided by thoughtful, data-driven insight. A Magna Cum Laude graduate with a degree in Graphic Design and continuing studies in marketing, advertising and internet technologies. Managed and mentored teams of 5 to 50 directly and in matrixed organizations for some of the world’s most recognized and trusted consumer brands. Demonstrated success at increasing levels of responsibility has helped generate hundreds of millions of dollars in revenue and operational savings while creating passionate, best-in-class teams.
Yahoo!, Inc., Sunnyvale, California: February 2008 – July 200
Head of Global Brand and Creative
- Led the design strategy, development, media planning and launch of Corporate Human Resources campaign (Think Big, Think Purple) vastly exceeding goals and increasing employee pipeline by more than 6,000 candidates. The phenomenal success of this campaign was achieved through a broad and integrated strategy that included internal promotions and events, outdoor advertising, radio, online advertising, redesign of the careers web site and guerilla marketing efforts;
- Assembled cross-departmental task force to address internal promotions delivering tens of thousands of dollars in savings, increased awareness for eco-friendly programs, and greater sensitivity to brand standards. The most notable outcome was a strategy that minimized the production of thousands of internal promotional posters and the development of a “Digital Signage System” that will carry internal promotions, company messaging and event information in a paper-less manner;
- Provided leadership and insight to Yahoo! Company Store turnaround overcoming the annual net loss of more than $400,000 in the first year and delivering a profitable model for the first time in company history. This victory was the result of an evaluation of brick-and-mortar and online operations, elimination of non-performing stores, inventory consolidation, redesign of online store, complete overhaul to the pricing and merchandising strategy, consolidation of vendor base, and renegotiation of supplier contracts.
Monster Worldwide, Maynard, Massachusetts: March 2007 – February 2008
Vice President, Global Brand and Creative
- Realized 50% increase in project throughput and 65% increase in project turnaround thus minimizing operational expenses while increasing departmental performance. This was possible through the complete redesign of project workflow process and the implementation of a customized, robust project management system;
- Championed the strategy and launch of the company’s global re-branding efforts that evaluated brand awareness, recall, recognition, loyalty and market perception. With this data, a re-launch strategy was developed to cover worldwide exposure and reposition of the brand from the complete redesign of the web site, to banner ads, print ads, radio and TV spots and more. The launch was ultimately staged as a three-phase approach based on market priorities;
- Provided executive level leadership to Global Brand Strategy, management and growth delivering significant lift across all touch points. Championed several key programs to further protect global brands in a competitive consumer marketplace including digital Brand Guidelines and Standards.
Jarden Consumer Solutions, Milford, Massachusetts: February 2006 – March 2007
Director, Global Creative Services
- Identified robust operational strategies delivering more than $2 million of annualized savings, increased speed-to-market timeframes and brand representation at retail. This was realized through a dynamic plan that included Global Server Network for working and archived files, a globally accessible Digital Asset Management Library and project management system, in-house color proofing systems and digital photography department with fully staffed studio;
- Provided functional senior leadership to Global Creative, Production and Project Management teams toward the successful launch of visual merchandising strategies, product packaging, in-store and out-of-house promotions, web sites and more for brands including Crock-Pot®, Rival®, Sunbeam®, Mr. Coffee® and others;
- Integrated, stabilized and grew internal departments resulting from mergers and acquisitions, creating best-in-class workgroups performing at unprecedented levels through operational and systemic efficiencies.
Colgate-Palmolive Co., Inc., Canton, Massachusetts: March 1999 – December 2005
Group Director, Marketing Services
- Demonstrated success achieved in three independent Trade and Consumer Direct Response programs delivering positive rates of response exceeding 24%, 28% and 52% respectively. Overwhelming success was realized through targeted database marketing, brilliantly crafted messaging, a unique, interactive “pop-up” direct mail structure and advanced customization and production techniques;
- Championed and provided leadership to numerous committees including the Commercial Print Sourcing initiative generating first year savings of greater than $19 million across all North American business units. By way of a careful and detailed review of commercial print needs against the long list of service providers, a “short-list” of three approved vendors with worldwide reach was created and supported with a one year contract locking in pricing and performance requirements;
- Developed, resourced and launched robust, online Digital Asset Management solution housing all brand assets, photography and corporate and product level brand identities. By effectively utilizing cross-departmental talent and staff resources in India, a complete system wire-frame and design strategy the project quickly evolved into a proprietary online solution with broad search, analytics and user-defined customization tools.
Safety 1st, Inc., Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts: December 1995 – April 1998
Director of Marketing, Brand and Creative
- Ground-up development and staffing of worldwide internal Marketing, Brand and Creative Services teams delivering increased market penetration, ROI and product sales by way of integrated marketing and promotional strategies, conference and tradeshow presence, merchandising plans, product development, third-party licensing opportunities, and global packaging development and production efficiencies;
- Delivered greater than $10 million in annualized savings by reducing dependency on outside resources. Leveraging the strength of solid departmental structures and operational synergies, success was consistently achieved against product sales, penetration metrics, lift to brand awareness and revenue targets;
- Facilitated global re-launch for product line of more than 1,200 SKU’s marketed in more than 35 countries through worldwide cooperative relationships, sensitivity and flexibility to cultural nuances and a package development schematic that easily allowed for regional customization for language and messaging, while maintaining global brand governance.
Delphi Information Systems, Inc., Westlake Village, California: March 1991 – October 1995
Manager, Creative and Events
- Designed and developed first relational database to support User Group Membership acquisition and retention. This same effort was used to generate targeted communications in support of User Group events, member networking opportunities, and business-wide management of customer-relations functions;
- Crafted all local, regional and national conference and event programs including pre-conference promotions, registration packets, conference agendas, speaker biographies, presentation materials and on-site event facilitation;
- Responsible for documented increase in event attendance through visionary creative, messaging and promotional efforts utilizing unique structural and production techniques combined with event themes and personal member engagement.
Packard Bell Computers, Woodland Hills, California: July 1987 – February 1989
Senior Graphic Designer
- Championed the redesign of category-wide packaging for computers, monitors and peripherals delivering increased lift to on-shelf recognition and brand recall by distinctly separating Packard Bell products from the competitive set;
- Supervised creative development, product photography and pre-press operations and, through effective management skills increased speed-to-market capabilities while reducing unnecessary costs associated with repeated and redundant efforts due to changes in direction and/or merchandising strategy;
- Supported tradeshow and conference presence and contributed to booth design, product catalogs and sell sheets, and promotional activities for events including CES.
Watterson School of Design, Sherman Oaks, California
Bachelor’s Degree, Magna Cum Laude
Master Certification in Advertising Industry Knowledge
Certification in Marketing Concepts
Master Certification in Marketing Strategy
Certificate of Completion in Macromedia Flash
Certificate of Completion in Macromedia Dreamweaver
Certificate of Completion in Beginning – Advanced HTML
Awards and Recognition
Nine ADDY Awards – For various Yahoo! web sites, banner ads and campaigns
Three Creative Excellence Awards (CEA) – For various Yahoo! interactive and corporate campaigns
Webby Award – Official Honoree for Yahoo! Bob Greenberg Video Ad Campaign
Internet Advertising Award (IAC) – Best Advertising Online Ad for Yahoo! Mad Ave Libs Campaign
Communication Arts Magazine (CA) – Design Annual recognition FoodSaver, Orabase and Peroxyl Packaging
Print Magazine – Design Annual recognition for FoodSaver, Orabase and Peroxyl Packaging
Sappi Fine Papers – Outstanding Achievement and induction to Sappi IdeaExchange for Disney’s Monsters, Inc. promotion
Colgate STAR Award for performance that consistently exceeded expectations and delivered impressive results
Employee of the Year – Delphi Information Systems, Inc.
American Institute for Graphic Arts (AIGA) : Member
Society of Industry Leaders : Consulting Member
In-House Agency Forum : Board of Directors
Graphic Artists Guild : Member, Board of Directors (Boston Chapter)
HOW Magazine Leadership Panel : Member
Design Management Institute (DMI) : Member
CreativePro : Member, Opinion Leaders Panel
Coleman Research Group : Executive Forum Member
CMO Executive Net Member
Brand Management: analysis of awareness, recognition, recall and loyalty; strategic development of corporate and product brands to effect growth and stability at all touch points; direct and support marketing processes in strategy, infrastructure, product and operations processes; establishment of overall policies and strategies; approval of marketing, brand and communications promotions; supervision of brand usage and co-branding opportunities; market research to assess impact and determine action; customer satisfaction assessment; advertising processes support; definition of overall advertising and positioning strategies; strategic modeling and success tracking.
Marketing Management: B2B, B2C, enterprise, vertical, channel; identifying business drivers and key trends; supply chain support; collateral development; contract negotiations; resource allocation; pricing and positioning strategies; media buying and scheduling
Marketing Communications: agency coordination; value-added promotions with media partners; planning; multimedia presentations; newsletters; press releases; print; product launch; radio; trade shows; internet, intranet and extranet development.
Product Management: identifying customer needs/requirements; interfacing with technical and R&D staff; introduction/promotion; pricing strategies; product evaluation; product introduction strategies; product specification; sales training
Research: competitive and industry analysis; customer satisfaction; consumer testing; ROI analysis; predictive modeling; market acquisition and retention; syndicated data collection.
Medium: advertising; animation; annual reports; brochures; catalogs; collateral materials; convention and trade shows; corporate identity and branding; direct mail; displays; environmental graphics; free-standing inserts; newsletters; packaging; point-of-purchase; presentations; print; sales and data sheets; signage and posters; broadcast media; video; internet; intranet; extranet; viral; experiential; mobile; multimedia.
Purchasing: budgeting; contract negotiation; costing; evaluation; forecasting/trending; inventory management; materials management; planning; reporting; vendor and resource allocation/management.
Technical: 1- to 16-color production on offset/web/flexo/gravure presses; silk-screening; various substrates (including polypropylene, PVC, holographic, fabric, metallic finishes, lenticular, soft goods, etc.); color management; multimedia; illustration; animation; color correction and image manipulation.