WILLIAM BRAD BADIE
55 NORTH VICTOR
TULSA, OK 74110
Objective: To get back in the spot light were I belong and to utilize my skills in a career-enhancing position that presents challenge, professional growth, promotion and retirement.
Proficient: MS Word 5.0, 6.1, 7.0, MS Access 5.0, Word Perfect 5.0 (DOS) and 6.1 (WIN)
Working knowledge: Power Point 4.0, MS Excel 5.0, 6.0 and D-base III
Typing: 45 wpm
CONTROLLED CONTAMINATION SERVICES
– Supervised personnel on sanitizing “Clean-rooms” and Lab spaces. Conducted sales in
the Bio/Pharmaceutical and Semi-Conductor industry. Held training on gowning up procedures and proper procedures in the clean-room, as well as what cleaning agent amounts to be used in certain spaces.
– Consistently trained individuals on how to index and process claims. Ensured the timely
receipt, adjudication, and completion of data entry on Tuition, Flexible Spending, Card
Transaction and Commuter claims. Also responsible for the audit and documentation of all claims received. Entered and submitted within 24 hours of indexing.
ARMY NATIONAL GUARD
– Attended Drill Weekends including overnighters in Tucson , AZ. Desert .
– Completed a two month Warrior Transition Class Pilot Program in Lawton , OK., Santa Fe , NM., and White Sands, AZ.
– Worked as Generator Mechanic and Motor Pool Mechanic, stripped down Humvee’s
and rebuilt them for the next rotation to the Iraqi mission.
SOCIAL SECURITY ADMINISTRATION
– Interviewed beneficiaries, inquirers and/or their representatives to determine the nature of their problem or interest. Explained technical provisions, relevant facts, and resolved problems with their payments and eligibility.
– Completed SSI abbreviated applications, making determination of ineligibility to
– Investigated case situations and reconciled discrepancies when it caused interruption in the receipt of monthly benefits.
– Initiated contacts with beneficiaries or others to obtain omitted reports and clarify inconsistent or incomplete reports. Investigated and resolved systems, identified discrepancies and questionable situations. Made routine as well as complex systems inputs to correct or change records of entitlement and eligibility.
– Identified the need for social services of people interviewed and referred them to appropriate private, nonprofit or government organizations which supplied such services.
QUEST INTELLIGENCE BUREAU
– As contracted security for the Government, ensured the safety of Federal personnel, personal property and buildings such as Immigration, FBI, Social Security, States Attorney Office, IRS and the
SAN DIEGO TROLLEY INC
Train Operator/Service Person-
– Completed an intense two-month training class learning stations, crossings, signs, signals,
switches, inter-lockings, TWC codes, speed restrictions, policy and procedures and “do’s and
don’t of the line.”
– Responsible for safe movement of thousands of passengers, handicapped alike on a daily
– Maintained stations cleanliness and maintenance throughout the lines.
UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE
– Delivered letter mail, magazines, ads Priority mail, Express mail, and Registered mail,
when finished early often went out to help others on their routes.
– Extremely accountable, never lost or miss-placed a single piece of mail or signature slip.
NAVAL PROFESSIONAL SUMMARY
Ten years supervisor/managerial experience as an Administrative Assistant with immense drive and boundless potential. Served with highest reputation for the core of integrity and professionalism in productivity and appearance. Extremely resourceful asset who is continuously sought out by peers for administrative knowledge. Keeps up morale with positive attitude and thriving spirits of teamwork. Works well under constant pressure in a fast-paced environment, manages multiple tasks and phone lines both effectively and efficiently.
Communication/Word-Processing/Data Management skills
– Excellent Customer Service skills; worked after hours and weekends in the Command Duty Office on Great Lakes Navy Base, Recruit Training Command taking incoming calls from the Red Cross on
– Lead Administrator for Engineering Department onboard the USS ENTERPRISE (CVN-65), and Mechanical Division onboard the USS JOHN F. KENNEDY (CV-67), responsible for Enlisted Performance Evaluations and Officer Fitness Report of over 500 personnel throughout the year. Qualified 8 colleagues on the ship’s Heat Stress Program. As main point of contact brought service records, and staff pay accounts back up to parity.
– Designed a number of various templates for use with evaluation and award programs.
– Setup filing system to be kept in accordance with logs resulting in 100 percent accountability in tracking all request summaries aboard ship.
– Independently developed training seminars for approximately 80 people per recruit company teaching military policies on leadership, team building, protocol, fraternization, rate insignia, advancement and education. Conducted training on fire fighting, first aid and life at sea onboard Navy vessels.
– Assisted as a Legal Counselor investigating service members for possible fraudulent enlistment.
– Collaborated guidelines, procedures and sample of awards and performance evaluations to patent a pass down book to turn over for future.
Organizational Skills/Assessment Planning
– Instrumental in meeting time critical tasks and deadlines before getting underway.
– Budgeted and maintained standards of a $35,000,000 Engineering Department Supply Log for two years, when reviewed results always showed within standards, zero errors.
– Dissimulated Secret Message Traffic for the base Commanding Officer on daily basics.
– Secured, maintained, transported and disposed of several levels of classified documents with 100 percent accountability.
– Collected, screened, and input data from applicants for
– Analyzed procedures with Command Master Chief to anticipate the problems and needs of the crew; provided solutions when necessary.
Oct 2007 – Oct 2008 Operations Supervisor Control Contamination Serv, Boston , MA .
Tuition Reimbursement Wage Works,
Sep 2005 – Dec 2005 Tele-service Rep Social Security Administrative, Phoenix , AZ
San Diego Trolley, San Diego , CA
El Cajon , CA
Nov 2002 – Mar 2003 Semi-Driver Grantham Dist., Orlando , FL
Maitland , FL
Jun 1999 – Jun 2000 Policy Processor C.N.A. Insurance Company, Maitland , FL
USS JOHN F. KENNEDY,
Damage Control Asst