To obtain a challenging position in Sales Management where my skills can be utilized and my accomplishments recognized.
Over 25 years experience in directing the sales and marketing activities in various sized companies from small companies with a single location and small sales staff ($5M in annual sales) to responsibility for sales and marketing at over 125 offices directing he activities over 300 sales people ($90M in annual sales). Activities have included hiring and directing salespeople, preparing and managing budgets, development, selection and placement of advertising, development and management of website, sales forecasting, goal setting, development and management of sales reports, training, contract negotiation with accounts, direct customer service activities, direct and participate in tradeshow and other business development activities, project management and supervision.
1997-Present Certified Transportation Group Islandia, NY
Vice President Sales & Marketing
· Responsible for all aspects of the Sales & Marketing functions at this diversified, transportation company. (Air and Ocean Forwarding, Specialized domestic carrier.)
· Record of consistently increasing sales in crowded, competitive market under varying economic circumstances.
· Negotiate all national contracts, solicit and manage company responses to RFP’s and bids, manage and supervise all major projects, develop and manage national referral programs and, handle all company public relations with vendors, agents and, customers.
· Developed and implemented company web site and printed collateral materials.
· Developed virtually all automated processes and procedures currently in place including all sales reporting, account management, do not call programs, account management and, customer service programs.
· Held leadership role in obtaining ISO 9002 registration
1996-1997 Avatar Moving Systems Bohemia, NY
Director of Sales
· Responsible for developing sales of long distance and international moving services.
· Served as Office and Industrial Move Project Manager.
1995-1996 National Electronic Transit Lyndhurst, NJ
Director Sales & Marketing
· Responsible for driving sales of Domestic Logistics Services primarily to Office Equipment, Computer and Medical Equipment companies.
1991-1995 International Van Lines Bohemia,NY
· Ran a full service Moving & Storage company.
· Involved in long distance, interstate household goods relocation services, local office and industrial moving services and, record storage services.
· Best New Agent of the Year 1991, Paul Arpin Van Lines. Sales and hauling awards in 1992
· Recruited to Bekins Van Lines 1993.
· Received company’s highest sales award four years in a row.
· Start up operation a grew to $2M annual sales.
1985-1991 Bekins Van Lines Company Hillside, IL
Director Sales & Marketing, East Coast
· Hired as Regional Manager for Metropolitan New York. Promoted several times ultimately to Director.
· Responsible for Sales and Marketing efforts of 130 offices throughout the Eastern US. Extensive travel working with over 250 Sales Reps in addition to branch managers and upper management at headquarters.
· Hired and directed staff, responsible for sales development across several product lines, negotiated contracts, established goals for each office, and was responsible for obtaining specific market share in all markets across the region leveraging existing accounts and developing new.
· Recruited new agents, trained new and existing sales reps.
· During tenure sales increased from $50M/yr to over $80M/yr.
1974-1985 Certified Van Service Hicksville, NY
· Originally hired as residential salesperson.
· Promoted to be company’s first Sales Manager after winning various Sales Awards from van line affiliate.
· Hired a staff of sales and support people. Directed the development of sales from $500k/yr to over $7.5M during tenure, derived from several product lines primarily from Corporate Market.
1970-1974 Niagara University Niagara Falls, NY
· B.S., Business Administration and Marketing
1966-1970 St. John the Baptist DHS West Islip, NY
· Regents Diploma.
Golf, fishing, travel gardening, computers and, investing.
· Member of Chamber of Commerce, NY
· Member Business Advisory Council, Smithtown High School West
· Former Member Atlas Van Lines Marketing Committee
· Soccer Coach, 8 seasons
· Former Member Citizens Advisory Committee, Smithtown Board of Ed.
· Guest author, National Association for Law Placement