William D. Clark
Objective: A position in the communications field that will enable me to use my experience in writing, editing, proofreading and client interaction.
A creative professional with 20 years of experience as a proofreader, editor, writer and media analyst.
Creative and technical writing
Training in Excel, Access, Power Point and HTML
Technosystems Service Corp., Pittsburgh, Pa. 1990 to present (currently freelancing)
Write press releases, brochures, Web-site listings, catalog listings and supplementary promotional material to promote new product concepts to editors and manufacturers. Resolve customer service issues related to client’s promotional materials. Assist with training new writers. Prepare media lists.
· Recognized for writing materials that facilitated licensing agreements.
· Provided suggestions for updating our materials to make them easier for clients to understand.
Inspected printed business forms for typographical errors and to ensure compliance with work orders.
News Analysis Institute, Pittsburgh, Pa. 1986 to 1987
Compiled quarterly reports highlighting media coverage and promotional campaigns for local and national clients, including top advertising agencies. Performed media research using Arbitron and other sources.
· Researched and prepared article on a media campaign for publication in Burrelle’s Quarterly Analyst
Kutztown University of Pennsylvania, Kutztown, Pennsylvania
Bachelor of Science, Electronic Media/Speech and Journalism, 1981-1985
· Supplemental course work in journalism and advertising, Point Park College, Pitttsburgh, Pa. 1990-1991
· Met and exceeded weekly quotas while working under tight deadlines.
Interform Corporation, Pa. 1988 to 1989
Quality Assurance Inspector