Winchester, VA 22602
Senior Project Manager
· Accomplished, results-driven Senior Technical Project Manager with demonstrated success in project management, project risk management, strategic planning, proposal development, customer relations and vendor management.
· Proven ability to lead and motivate high performance teams focused on maximizing productivity.
· Experienced in large scale project management for re-engineering, integration and deployment of complex systems.
· Extensive experience in directing large-scale systems development and data center operations and planning.
· Held positions in program management for mission critical systems such as air traffic control and military command and control communications.
· Expertise in Internet Data Center Operations, Backup/Recovery, Virtual Storage Operations, IDC Network Design, Capacity Planning, Business Continuity Planning, and Enterprise Resource Planning.
· Recognized for building high-availability configurations for mission critical system installations.
· Excellent track record for streamlining systems operations to improve performance, reduce costs and generate a positive impact on the bottom line.
· Proficient in a variety administrative and project management software packages.
Senior Spectrum Resources Manager – Technical Project/Program Manager 2004 – 2008
Managed initial planning, budgeting and contract development phase of the Sprint Nextel 2 GHz Relocation Project for the South Region of the U.S. consisting of 154 television stations. Responsible for project development activities from initial meetings, equipment and vendor selection through contract execution. Provided oversight, guidance and assistance to broadcasters in creating a working plan and budget for equipment and integration services to comply with the new FCC mandated Broadcast Auxiliary Services channel plan for their electronic news gathering microwave and associated electronic systems. Provided guidance to stations engineering and business departments on equipment selection, budgeting and service integration to enable them to recoup maximum eligible internal cost through reimbursement by Sprint Nextel
· Produced over $40 Million of internal and external budgets and integration services plans for TV stations BAS microwave channel relocations.
· Negotiated agreement on configuration and cost to realize the greatest savings to Sprint Nextel and the U.S. Government while providing comparable facilities to the incumbent licensees.
· Provided a completely executable package of hardware and integration services with budget for handoff to the executing project managers at the stations.
Manager, Risk and Advisory Services 2001 – 2002
Directed engagement planning for $26 billion “Big Five” Management Consulting Firm providing services in information risk management. Developed plans for using project risk management methodologies, management consulting, enterprise services availability and capacity planning, systems security and disaster recover/business continuity planning. Performed proposal development, cost estimation and project management. Controlled daily financial, personnel and operational aspects of projects.
· Developed a project management/consulting services proposal for the UN International Atomic Energy Agency’s Safeguards Information Technology system re-engineering project. The proposal entailed establishment of a project management office and development of the project management and risk management plans using PERT/CPM as well as CMM/CMMI methodologies with follow-up implementation effort.
· Member of the successful proposal team that won a multi-faceted technology contract from Brookhaven National Laboratories.
· Provided oversight of Continuity of Operations Plan development for PKI installation at the Department of Agriculture, National Finance Center and support to PKI accreditation and certification process.
· Provided project management risk analysis of a large IT effort to the CIO of the World Bank
Arsenal Digital Solutions, Inc, Raleigh, North Carolina
Director of Site Operations 2000 – 2001
Oversaw operations of twenty-four 7×24 Internet Data Center installations for $24 million company that provides services for multiple national ISPs. Managed storage operations, back up, restore and implementation for collocation, managed network services, managed security services, web hosting, and professional services including highly available systems and business continuity options. Directed client support and vendor relationships. Established operating, security and implementation policies. Defined training requirements, staff and maintenance schedules. Provided hardware, software and services selection and configuration.
· Oversaw deployment of 30 site installations consisting of hardware, software and infrastructure valued at over $35 Million.
· Transitioned Division from non-existent entity to fully functional operating division that generated more new revenue than sales organization, which enabled organization to meet venture capital requirements.
· Recommended staffing of IDC prior to equipment delivery and utilizing operations staff to perform installation and configuration. Reduced cost of installation team deployment by $300,000.
· Managed development of real-time billing data collection software that retrieved customer-billing data at sites and automatically forwarded data to central corporate billing system, saving over $100,000.
· Instituted operational concept for AT&T Enhanced Network Services to replicate data from one data center to another and developed plans for highly reliable, mirrored data centers.
· Oversaw management of more than 24 IDC facilities.
Storage Technology Corporation (StorageTek), Silver Spring, Maryland
Senior Consultant 1999 – 2000
Served as Senior Systems Consultant for Fortune 500 global company that designs integrated storage devices. Performed as Team Lead and Systems Engineer with oversight for all aspects of system deployment at customer sites. Planned and orchestrated implementation of storage devices, SAN’s, servers and networking equipment. Managed on-site customer relationships to resolve issues associates with post sale deployment of equipment and services. Managed schedules, vendors, material and personnel to ensure successful project deployment and implementation and customer satisfaction.
· Project manager for successful project implementation of the STK portion of the Remote Mass Storage System (RMSS) at the Naval Oceanographic Office at Stennis Space Center.
· Implemented 2 clustered Sun E10000 Starfire/Solaris 8 systems with Sun T3 fiber channel disk arrays and STK Powderhorn libraries with STK 9840 tape drives supporting Sun, SGI/Cray HPC environment.
· Deployed Veritas Cluster Server (VCS) for failover of multiple components, which minimized downtime.
· Led implementation of STK Archive Storage Manager and SAMFS/QFS to provide file systems and archiving functionality.
Sun Microsystems Computer Corporation, McLean, Virginia
Systems Engineer 1996 – 1999
Oversaw client technical interface for $12 billion leading information systems organization. Resolved all technical issues related to on-going sales efforts. Provided technical support for high-performance computer and multi-national technology exchange. Served as primary architecture for design of customer solutions operating on Sun equipment. Delivered technology transfer and architectural support for design of on-line trading/auditing systems including OLTP, analysis, data warehouse, data mart and testing databases. Presented new technology to CXO, VP and senior client management.
· Managed Sun pre-sales system engineering for Pratt and Whitney Aircraft (United Technologies Corporation) for a 2-year transition to client-server architecture from desktop-centric architecture.
· Technical Account Manager for deployment of over 2000 high performance computing (HPC)/engineering workstations with an annual equipment cost of $9 Million per year.
· Led major efforts at P&WA for deployment of high performance workstation and distributed computing to emulate super computer for simulation of engine performance and operation. Verified that each generation of SPARC processors aggregate performance met contractual performance requirements for simulation.
· Provided pre-sales systems engineering for NASD (NASDAQ) account including implementation of high availability cluster for servers to run SEC mandated order activation tracking system and deployment of clustered decision support/data warehouse system. Account exceeded annual revenue goal by 180%.
Rapid Systems Solutions, Incorporated, Columbia, Maryland
Systems Engineer 1994 – 1996
Performed high-level systems engineering functions for $25 million consulting firm and primary outsourced partner of Sun Microsystems in the Mid-Atlantic region. Served as Team Leader for large, long-term projects. Provided architecture design/review, system installs and hardware/software implementation. Oversaw account management and customer satisfaction. Prepared proposals, created cost schedules and generated follow-on business.
· Completed system deployment, migration and upgrade of over 650 engineering workstations and associated engineering development and production software for ECAD/MCAD design group with zero downtime over an eight-month period. Managed a team of vendors, employees and contractors who performed software configuration, compatibility, reliability and integrity testing for a suite of over 30 complex engineering, development and testing packages.
· Specialized in Sun and HP systems integration in high availability environments for commercial and government accounts.
· Contributed to long-term engagements for major hardware/software migrations and systems re-engineering.
· Performed intricate systems engineering and design task for multiple high profile clients including the Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics, NASA, Motorola PPG and Bell South.
Computer Sciences Corporation, Falls Church, Virginia
Computer Scientist 1992 – 1994
Provided systems engineering for Fortune 500 services and engineering firm serving federal intelligence community customers. Engineered systems for acoustic research and process division focused on algorithms for SONOR processing systems and Seawolf class attack submarine systems development. Provided proposal development, application development and systems training.
· Served as team member on $25 million/year IDIQ SETA contract to provide systems engineering for the US Navy at National Maritime Intelligence Center, Suitland, Maryland.
· Developed engineering designs and configurations for signal processing systems on various (Unisys, SUN, SGI) high performance computer systems, storage systems, networks and specialized software.
· Managed and trained government administrators on servers and high performance workstations for analysis and research network to reach fully independent level within 6 months.
U.S. Air Force, West Berlin, Germany 1983 – 1990
Chief, Software Support Facility, Berlin Radar Program
Managed operations and programming assets for the Berlin Radar Program supporting the Berlin Air Route Traffic Control Center and other associated facilities. Managed a team of software designers and developers providing enhancements such as weather depiction, aircraft route de-confliction and collision avoidance, integrated flight information and real-time flight following reporting functionality. Chairman of the Configuration Control Board.
PREVIOUS EMPLOYMENT HISTORY
Technical Systems Analyst, U.S. Air Force, Fort Meade, Maryland, 1990 – 1992
Chief Software Support Facility, U.S. Air Force, West Berlin, Germany, 1983- 1990
Chief of Air Tactics Development, U.S. Air Force, Germany and Nellis AFB, Nevada, 1980 – 1983
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland 1992
Post Graduate Courses in Systems Management, University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland 1994
Post Graduate Courses in Systems Management, University of Southern California, European Division 1989