Objective : To obtain a position, in a clerical setting, where I am able to demonstrate my strengths while still having the opportunity to continuously build my knowledge and skills.
Bilingual Interpretation (English-Spanish) Trained in: Medical Transcription
Health Insurance/Computerized Billing Medical Manager
Microsoft Word /Excel/Outlook/PowerPoint Proficient in Medical Terminology
Dentrix Basic Medical Coding UB-92, CMS1500
Strong Customer Service and Reception Skills Pharmacology
Ability to multi-task & Team Player Phlebotomy/Injections
Fast Learner & Detail Oriented Process Claims to Insurance Co.
2005–2006 Diploma–Professional Medical Assistant, Branford Hall Career Institute
2004–2005 Medical Assistant, Agawam Medical Center
· Performed various clinical duties such as breathing treatments, urinalysis, and EKG’s.
· Prepared charts for new patients.
· Performed administrative tasks such as answering phones, filing, obtaining insurance information. and collecting co-payments.
2007-2008 Patient Care Representative, Allcare Dental & Dentures
· Initiate, review, and follow through with medical release forms for patient treatment.
· Schedule patient appointments according to protocol.
· In charge of all the processing of patient insurance approvals/authorizations, insurance forms, and billing.
· Follow-up on Account Receivables.
· Follow-up on Insurance Claims.
· Process Claims to Insurance Companies.
· Perform administrative duties such as distributing mail, filing charts and general correspondence.
· Data entry, and maintaining front office software.
· Understand and comply with all HIPAA Rules and Regulations.
· Telephone sales.
· Manage patient wait time.
· Charge patients out.
· Collect due balances on account.
2006–2007 Personal Care Attendant, Stavros
· Transport to and from appointments.
· Care Assist with personal hygiene.
· Do what was requested by the consumer such as light housekeeping and courier duties.
2004–2005 Claims Reporting Specialist, First Notice Systems
· Handled Commercial/Personal Claims (Auto/Property).
· Utilized computer for data entry to file claims.
· Attended the mandated six week training class.
· Trained on various insurance company workflows including, but not limited to, Commerce, Sentry, and Nationwide.
· Accustom to dealing with clients going through emotionally sensitive circumstances.
· Met and/or exceeded daily quotas continuously.
· Translated and handled all bilingual calls.
2003–2004 Sales /Associate Manager, Lavene’s
· Training of new employees on the floor.
· Seasonal inventory of new clothes, shoes and other items.
2002–2004 Clerk, Attorney’s At Law-Johnathon R. Sr. & Tracey E. Duncan
· Performed daily administrative tasks such as filing, photocopying, faxing, answering phone calls, and typing word documents as requested.
· Performed courier duties.
· Served as an interpreter to clients.
· Picked up discoveries and other correspondence in the courthouse.