From: Mary Zemlock
230 N. 20th Ave.
Beech Grove, IN 46107
RE: Employment Opportunities
To: Personnel Department
Dear Personnel Manager,
This letter of inquiry is concerning my desire to obtain a future appointment with you regarding career opportunities within your organization.
My interest is in securing a position within your company. I have an extensive medical background including ten years at Stanford Hospital in Stanford, California and the five years at St. Francis Hospital in Indianapolis, so I know how to work in the sometimes-stressful medical environment. However, for the last 4 years I am been working diligently in Fund-raising and Sales. I am a hardworking, dedicated, and quick-learning employee with many untapped skills yearning to be developed. Furthermore, I work well with others and am truly a team player. Although I am a single mother, I am capable of working long hours due to the need to succeed and support my two children. Enclosed you will find my resume which is the first step in exploring the possibilities for me within your organization.
In conclusion, I wish to thank you in advance for taking the time to look over my resume and I look forward to meeting with you in the near future. I hope to hear from you soon and I hope you have a wonderful day.
230 N. 20th Ave.
Beech Grove, IN 46107
My number one career objective has always been to obtain a long-term employment with potential for growth in a positive environment where I can be an active team player. I would be more than happy to go through any necessary classes to further my knowledge and obtain the right career.
The Veterans Fund-raising Department, Beech Grove, IN 05/04 – present
• Identified potential donors in order to collect funds for American Veterans, cancer patients, and other worthwhile causes
• Utilized an automated phone system in order to connect with benefactors
• Learned how to work in a non-profit environment
Labor News , Indianapolis, IN 05/05 – present
• Frequently averaged sales exceeding $8,000 per month
• Worked with AFL-CIO leaders to assimilate a newspaper for unionized workers throughout Indiana
• Worked with clients in nearly every county in Indiana
• Helped achieve circulation exceeding 44,000 per month
St. Francis Hospital, Indianapolis, IN 02/98 – 05/04
• Frequently acted as a clerical assistant; directing incoming calls, filing, and completing other common office tasks
• Transported patients and assumed other hospitality positions
• Stocked supply rooms and assisted with housekeeping duties
Medical Admissions Specialist Certification — Indianapolis, IN
After completion of this yearlong course, I became certified as a Medical Admissions Specialist. This certification includes many skills including Business Communication, Professional Development, New Computer Skills (Microsoft Office), Medical Law and Ethics (HIPPA), Medical Administrative Essentials, and Professional Business Concepts. These skills would be helpful in any office setting.
St. Francis Hospital
CPR Certification — Indianapolis, IN
While working at St. Francis I was required to complete CPR classes at least once a year for each of the five years I worked there.
Medical Terminology and Unit Secretary Certification — Greenwood, IN
In an attempt to further my knowledge of the medical field, I chose to complete these classes. While there, I completed all of the material required to receive certification in both areas while learning more about the medical field.
• Ability to multitask and work well in stressful situations
• Familiar with Microsoft Office and other frequently used computer programs
• Strong desire to better myself and my workplace
• Team Player
• Willing to take any necessary classes to further my career